Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall is here!

I am currently bundled up in a coat and wishing I had a scarf today! So cold out! Absolutely loving it!!! Trav and I bought pumpkins on Friday evening at our church and we plan on decorating tomorrow night so that on Halloween we can have glowing jack-o'-lanterns on our front porch! :)

Tonight we have BSF- missed last week after exhausted from vacationing in the Smokey Mountains (pics soon). BSF is a worldwide bible study and this year is is over Genesis. I have never participated in BSF and it's a great study- if you have a BSF group near you I highly recommend. There are about 350 ladies that meet at our location and it's broken down into smaller groups by age, women from all denominations (this is never brought up)- it's strictly reading the scripture.

I have read Genesis many times in the past, but this time I am learning things I have never caught before. I feel like life just flies by and I am being taught to just stop and enjoy the small things in life and to make spending time with God a priority. Learning some awesome things. Truly awe-inspiring.

This past weekend we had the Parent's Anonymous second annual Oktoberfest. Such a fun event benefiting PA, which is a non-profit organization that works to put an end to child abuse. Really fun night with friends!!! (again pics soon) :)

Looking forward to Halloween on Wednesday! Going to stay in, cook fun foods and hand out candy!

Leaving you with a pic for today (today is Bob Ross' 70th birthday haha)



No comments:

Post a Comment